Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Who I Want to Have Dinner With

Here is a list of people that I want to share a meal with because I find their work to be fascinating. They have made my invite list because of something they have done in the Entertainment Industry or other media outlet that has touched me.

In no particular order, I am going to list the name and why they have made the list.


Jon Stewart – Not only the work on The Daily show but also because of his new film Rosewater. That story’s bravery really appeals to me.  Actually having dinner and then watching his movie would be a blast.  I would talk to him about his process with the show; I would love to be an intern for a day. Can I pay to do that, Might be a revenue stream. 

Sean Astin – There is a moment in his life that moved me and I know he doesn't know how. I was feeling low and in a rut in life.  We had attended Starfest and it was right after the release of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings.  He was sitting at his table engaging with his fans. And he was genuinely engaging with them.  I admired his openness and his honest appreciation for his fans. I was watching him for a while over a balcony.  I was thinking “I need to do something different with my life. I wish I could do what he does.” At that moment he looked up at me and nodded and gave a wave.  I know that it was completely happenstance and there is no way he was confirming what I was thinking but that is what happened in my head.

Joss Whedon – His work has been central to the things in my life, from Buffy to Avengers.  It would be wonderful to talk to him about the things that motivate him and inspire him to do the wonderful things he creates. I want to know his process.

Felicia Day - Her work on Geek and Sundry really fascinates me. It’s like she has her own network. A lot of companies could learn from that.  She is so creative and also in a lot of the media we surround our self with. Dinner with her would be nice but I think gaming with her would be just as fun.

Luc Besson – This man surprised me I was enjoying his films for a long time without ever knowing who he was.  Once I started blogging about movies I started reading the credits and looking at who was making the movies. His name comes up in a number of movies that I adore.  


Ellen DeGeneres – I enjoy her playful nature and her show is awesome when I can catch it.  Her best feature is how she inspires people and her spectacular sense of humor.  It would be great to have a meal with her and talk about just anything.





My next would have to be a double date
Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis - I would imagine that the dinner conversation would; be dangerous because everyone is laughing.  I enjoyed the SNL skits that he was in and her work choices always seem to be driven by what would be fun to perform in.

Jody Foster – I have loved her work for a very long time. An evening of wonderful conversation with an intelligent funny person is always a delight. I would love to talk to her about her impressions of the movies that she enjoys.


Don Cheadle - He is so talented His role in The Family Man brought him to my attention and I have followed him ever from that moment on.  He needs more work.  We can talk about what projects he wants to do over dinner. 



I could go on and on but I wanted to keep this one short..ish

Who would you pick, and if I do have these dinners what ones do you want to go to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment