Saturday, November 15, 2014

TSO concert, let the holidays begin

Tonight we went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. It seems to be our holiday tradition. This year they have a new show. The music is great and the performance top notch. But the narrative this year was not as strong in previous years.   

This year a young girl goes to the attic and learns that the magic of Christmas is in the good that we create. Great sentiment for the season but the feelings were not as well delivered as in previous years. I think it would have been better if the songs were more of the outline of the story instead of mood setting for the girl's internal thought process.  

Each song was a cornerstone of what the girl learned. They could have done so much more with setting the narrative. 

The second half of the show was just the "let's blow the doors off the place" rock show. They are talented and I love the passion and the fun they put in the show. They are outstanding performers. 

After dinner, we went to a Brazilian steakhouse. My youngest son had his first experience with the endless wave of delicious meats of all favors. He had a blast. 

To illustrate the kind of family we are on the way home we were talking about words and rhymes. My youngest son said he used to like to say the word "Banana" and I said that if you put the word "nut" at the end you have a song lyric. 

The whole car started to sing the song I was referring to. I love my family. The cool thing is once you put those two words together that son piped into your head. That is how I know you are my people. 

What are some of the things you do to get ready for the holiday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment