Sunday, November 16, 2014

Facebook Friends and Web Wombat

Movies are a passion of mine. I have been working on a few publications to get the opportunity to have conversations about movies. I have started a conversation with a film student in the UK she and I are reviewing the film versions of Parfumerie. It was a play written by Miklós László and it was made into The Shop Around the corner staring Jimmy Stewart. Then it was remade into a musical version called In the Good Old Summer Time starring Judy Garland. Then again in 1998, it was the basis for the movie You’ve Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.

I am looking forward to the time to have a conversation with one online to talk about movies. And it seems somewhat fitting that our conversation is between two people through written communication who have never met.

This is what I think the original play had no idea how well fitting it would be in the future. This is why I think that You’ve Got Mail is the best of the three. You can read our conversation when it gets posited. I will post it here.

The second bit of news is that Web Wombat is looking for some weekly additions to their web publication. So I will be reviewing Netflix films. I am watching them anyway might as well tell the good readers of that fine Australian web service about it.

If this goes well I may be in a position to get put back on the press list with the local advertising agency. They provide the local Denver area with screenings of the latest films. I was on it when I was writing for News Blaze. So I am looking forward to working with this new publisher.

So does anyone have any advice on what to watch next on Netflix?

No comments:

Post a Comment